THE RULES Jul 1, 2014 15:00:45 GMT -7
Post by ADMIN DEE on Jul 1, 2014 15:00:45 GMT -7
- All members must be 18-years-old or older to join our site or discord.
- We have a PG-13 rating for all sections of the site. Do not share or participate in activities (OOC or IC) that would break that rating.
- Keep it classy. Don't go overboard with vulgar language or actions and use proper English/grammar.
- No spamming or advertising in the Cbox.
- Be respectful of each other, staff , and especially sensitive topics such as (but not limited to) race, sexuality, politics, and religion. Don't force your views on others, and listen if staff asks you to change the subject or take a conversation to a private chat.
- We permit OOC accounts, but don't require them.
- We are an English site. If you are going to use another language anywhere on the site (OOC and IC) include a translation if it is something an average English speaker would not understand.
- We have a monetary (money) system, that rewards galleons for IC posts. These galleons can be used in the Galleon shop located HERE to buy a number of things!
- Staff reserves the right to create and enforce customized requirements for a member if necessary for any of the rule sections below.CHARACTER CREATION & ACCEPTANCE
- One character per account.
- Once registered, user names should be changed to the character’s first, middle, and last name.
- The youngest (played) characters can be is 14-years-old (4th year.)
- Original characters cannot be purebloods. You must use a known Wizarding name (located HERE) if you wish for your character to be a Pureblood. If we have less then five names for a country you can make original pureblood families from that country if: they are from that region (ie they can't have moved there) and they spent at least the first 18 years of life there (ie they were raised there.).
- We have an optional rule section below that includes nonwizards that can be made!
- Characters 1-10 are free! To have more then 10 characters you must purchase them in the galleon shop (LOCATED HERE).
- There is a 10 day cooling off period when you drop a character(s). This means if you drop a character you must wait 10 days before staff will accept a new character.IN CHARACTER
- No godmoding or powerplaying. (No controlling others' characters without permission and your character is not invincible.)
- We do not have an official word count but we do ask you supply at least 1-2 paragraphs for your posts.
- We have a "banned and restriction list" thread located HERE. This is the bans and restrictions in regards to plots/pets/items/etc.
- Use [TW] or [TRIGGER WARNING] in the subject if a thread is going to cover a more sensitive topic (still PG-13).ACTIVITY
- Characters that have not posted in 60 days will be marked inactive. If an additional 14 days pass, the account will be deleted. Staff will message you requirements to be reactivated.
- We have a 3 strike rule for inactivity. This is per character, and is for a 12 month period. 1st time - no penalty, just get active. 2nd time - staff will make you take some action with the character. (this CAN, but isn't limited to, making you do a character redo or redoing your app/sorting process.) 3rd time - The character will be deleted.
- Journal entries, communications (owls, instant messengers, etc), one shots, and threading with yourself do not count towards activity.
- Threads with no activity in 3 months are considered dead, and will be moved to the archive.
- Staff will not be resurrecting archived threads (returning them from the archives) unless there were exceptional circumstances around it going dead (study abroads, someone had a major RL situation that caused a major slow in activity, etc). If it's older then 6 months though it won't be resurrected whatsoever.
- If we see consistent activity rule skirting, we may rule differently on a case-by-case basis (this means if you are repeatedly barely doing enough to be considered active).PLAYBY & GRAPHICS
- We require all characters to use real life playbys for their characters.
- Playbys should be age appropriate for the character.
- All characters need to have avatars and hover images of your playby. Graphic sizes are 150x150 for avatar and 230x400 for hover image.
- Hover images must be still (no gifs for hover!). You can use gifs for avatars though.OPTIONAL: NONWIZARD CHARACTERS
- We permit more than just wizardkind. Some of these types are free and others will have to be purchased in the Galleon shop located HERE.
- Muggle/No-maj: FREE. To make a muggle they need to have some sort of connection to the wizarding world (such as a close relative, a lover, etc.). Muggles can't interact with several things in the wizarding world (ex: they can't see dementors), and anti-muggle charms make it impossible for them to go to Hogwarts and Dragon reserves.
- Squibs: Galleon Purchase. Squibs are nonmagical offspring of magical parents. They can't perform any magic, but unlike muggles they can interact with the wizarding world without any hindrance.
- Second Salemers/Witch Hunters: Galleon Purchase. They are descendents of "Scourers" (Renegade American wizards that went into hiding). They are basically multi-generational squibs. No magic themselves, but they can interact with the wizarding world. Please refer to Magical American Culture for more info on them.
- Vampires: FREE. You can learn about Vampires HERE. Vampires have been included here to clarify that muggle vampires are a thing and 100% allowed (they just can't use magic)! Half vampires/half muggles are also permitted if their vampire parent was muggle prior to turning and their other parent is muggle as well.
- Veelas: FREE. You can learn about Veelas HERE. Veelas have been included here to clarify that part veela/part muggle are a thing and 100% allowed (they just can't use wizardry magic).
- More to come!
We hope you enjoy ALOHOMORA,ALOHOMORA STAFF
- The lovely skin was created by Trinity at Adoxography.
- All photos & graphics belong to their creators at their respective sites.
- All characters are created by the lovely members here at ALOHOMORA.
- Last. but not least, the magical world of Harry Potter was created by J.K. Rowling and we are by no means affiliated with her and we do not own anything Harry Potter.