mod ana likes this
Post by Severus Shacklebolt on May 28, 2021 10:13:37 GMT -7
severus kingsley shacklebolt
sehv-er-uhs king-sley shac-kel-bolt
Sev, Sex Sev, goes by Kingsley amongst muggles as it's what they consider more main-stream
age and birthday:
25 years old
September 10, 2000.
gender and pronouns:
Male, masculine pronouns
Unknown to Severus, he is bisexual. He currently believes he is heterosexual as that is all he has experienced so far.
10" beech wood, with a dragon heartstring core
Severus stands at 5'11 and as the son of the former Minister of Magic, Severus grew up with impeccable standards in appearance and comportment. He'll never be seen slouching or in un-pressed trousers. He's lived a very comfortable magical life and so even his surgery to remove his appendix as a young child has left no discernable scarring on his body.
education and jobs
schooling & status
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Hufflepuff, graduated 2019
- Muggle Studies Professor at Hogwarts - January 2026
- Muggle Liason Officer at Ministry of Magic - Jan 2022 to Dec 2025
- Muggle Liason Office Intern at Ministry of Magic - 2020 to 2022
- Duelling; he's very interested in the sport and participated at school. He enjoys attending professional competitions as a spectator.
- Firewhiskey; his father let him imbibe the liquid to 'put hairs on his chest' in early pubescence and he's had a taste for it ever since.
- Advising people on how they can do and be better; this is why he believes he's ideally suited for a position as a Professor at Hogwarts
- Collecting vintage muggle cars; all of which he promptly casts a shrinking charm on for easy storage in his specially crafted collector's cabinet. They are nice to take out for an afternoon drive in the country-side when weather permits.
- Muggle gentry; he finds that they are just as old-world as his wizarding counter-parts and it was the easiest transition between the two cultures. He's not so keen on the housing estates he sometimes has to visit as a Liason Officer. The people there expect him to behave a certain way and he finds it a little harder to assimilate.
- Purists; Severus is a Muggle and Muggleborn advocate, often explaining to his otherwise prejudiced colleagues and indeed the general public that they're actually quite ingenious and that his father's belief in the commonality of being humans was the more important distinction over magical and non-magical.
- Snow; it collects in his tight curls or snakes its way into his clothes no matter what charms he may have placed on them. It almost instantly chills him to the bones.
- Office politics; he's found that the Ministry is not merit-based in its promotional structure, but that bosses can and do manipulate things for their favourites to climb the corporate ladder.
- Toads; one of his roommates had a blasted toad for the whole seven years they spent together in Gryffindor tower and to this day, Severus swears that the toad enjoyed leaving its slime all over his things like it was a personal vendetta. In reality, it was a practical joke by the owner that just never stopped being funny.
- Avacado; it has the texture of ... well... toads. Just the thought of it makes him want to vomit.
- Criminals; for obvious reasons (two of his most beloved are murdered, his sister kidnapped) and that their actions go against his beliefs about human equality - it creates a very difficult dichotomy for him to wrestle with when he wishes they'd rot in Azakaban with the dementors that guarded it before his father purged them.
Young Severus was the first born of the Minister of Magic and thus grew up in the spot-light. He learned from a very young age to be the model of good behaviour and it became an integral part of him. Once the twin girls were born, this good behaviour thing bloomed to him trying to teach the same to his younger sisters... who eventually grew up to run rings around him. He learned early that sharing is caring and so became a very benevolent young boy, sharing at first his toys with his his sisters without fuss and then during school he'd volunteer as much as possible and tutor students almost to his own detriment.
The downside to his big-brothering and trying to help is that he can be border-line condescending and the fact that he's often corrected even his managers without thought have hurt his career progression. His charity has also been used against him, as he believes people can do better, he can be too quick to forgive. For example, during highschool he had been involved with a person who was in a relationship with him solely to further their own social standing and... cheated on him on three separate occasions. It was only the person graduating from Hogwarts for Severus to be let free of the toxic cycle of forgiveness. His mother had called him naïve and gullible more than once; the Shacklebolt parents realised early he'd not become a leader in the wizarding world.
Severus struggles with his anger towards the groups responsible for his family's deaths because it goes against his core belief of people being fundamentally good. When he dwells on this, he drinks a bit more firewhiskey than is generally socially acceptable.
Severus likes to keep busy and he is what most people consider popular for all the good reasons; he knows everyone, has a smile ready for most and a good recollection for names and faces. However, this means that his time and energy is spread very thin, with a limited amount of truly deep friendships, particularly since the death of two of his confidantes - his father and sister, Abigail.
Wales, United Kingdom
Kingsley Shacklebolt - Father. Deceased
Hestia Shacklebolt (nee Jones) - Mother, retired from the public life
Gabrielle Shacklebolt - sister, graduated 2023, bounty hunter
Abigail Shacklebolt - sister. Deceased
The eldest child of the Minister of Magic, young Severus lead a very public and charmed life since conception, really. His father was a great man whom he looked up to and his mother was a strong, righteous woman in her own right. He was rarely in trouble as a child, as he learned his Ps and Qs. Things became a bit more chaotic in the household with the birth of his little sisters - they ran rings around him but he loved to play with and entertain them. He often took it upon himself to make sure they behaved themselves in the public eye. He would enjoy stories of his parents heroic actions in the second wizarding war, snuggled into the crook of his mum's arm while his dad brought the battles to life.
Severus' first piece of magic was accidentally silencing his little sister Abigail as the family stood on a podium behind his father as he gave a public speech. She was tugging on their mother's sleeve asking how much longer they'd have to stand there and had already been hushed once. Unfortunately for Severus, his sister paid him back threefold once their mother fixed the accident when they were behind private doors once again.
When it was time to go to Hogwarts, Severus was sorted into Hufflepuff. His only regret is that his sisters were later sorted into Gryffindor... but he supposed that they were at school to learn their own lessons and not hang out with their brother. At school, Severus received good marks in each of his classes and reached out to any student that seemed to be struggling. In particular, he was a fierce ally to muggleborns... which wasn't too hard, given the reforms his father had helped bring to the Wizarding World and the very famous miss Hermione Granger, arguably the most talented muggleborn known to the newest generation. In fact, once the golden trio's children came to school there was a lot less spotlight on the Minister's kids. After Severus' good marks in his OWLs, he became more in demand to assist with tutoring and he struggled to help everyone and do his own work preparing for the NEWTs. Some joked that he received great marks in Muggle Studies simply because it's an easy subject and his father is considered an expert in the field.
Upon graduation, Severus enjoyed a few months of rest before joining the Ministry of Magic with an internship in the Muggle Liason Office. He had aspirations of being a part of the Muggle Worthy Excuses Committee. All was going fine for Severus - who began to be referred to as Kingsley when dealing with Muggles as he was tired of the exclamations of how unusual his name Severus is - until his father was cruelly murdered. A few of the aurors had worked with Kingsley in their youth and so the Shacklebolt family had the utmost trust that justice would prevail... but the years that were to come would test their family's faith in the system. During this period, Severus was also tasked with facilitating school and ministry officials informing the murdered muggleborn's family of their child's death at school. It. Was. Awful.
Just as Severus came out of the fog of grief, disaster struck the family once more with news that Gabrielle had been kidnapped... while at school. The family was understandably torn to pieces with worry in the days until the children were rescued. Severus remembers having to force his mother to eat the soup by the third day, as she hadn't eaten since she received the information from the aurors. He remembered feeling helpless and angry that this was happening to his family and briefly considered requesting to begin training as an aurora. Thankfully, Gabby was returned and Severus could focus at work once more.
Life wasn't finished with dealing terrible blows to the Shacklebolts, though. In February 2024, the life of his beautiful baby sister Abigail was extinguished. Soon after Gabrielle all but disappeared to the end of the Earth and Severus was struggling to keep his own grief from overcoming him, let alone his bereft mother. By the end of 2025, Severus had been passed over for a very prestigious promotion - no longer the golden boy after all the personal tragedy and after some serious soul searching he applied for the vacant position of Muggle Studies professor at Hogwarts. A fresh start surrounded by young, impressionable minds was exactly the kind of environment Shacklebolt hoped would reignite his hope in humanity.